Click below to view our 2016 Summer Camps. (To download the PDF, click here.)
BROADWAY at The Rose offers students ages 3 to 18 a complete musical theater, voice, and dance training experience – taught by the region’s top performing arts practitioners! It offers technique training in musical theater, dance, voice and acting.
All skill levels are welcome from recreational learners looking for quality, technique-based instruction, to aspiring professionals in need of an intense, accelerated course of study.
Guest artist workshops, regional and national competitions, and performance opportunities such as those provided through The Rose Brigade and Transcendtrix are also available! All classes culminate with a season-end performance on The Rose main stage.
2015-16 Class Calendar
• Transcendtrix Auditions • Sat., Aug. 1 • 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
• Fall Brigade Auditions • Mon., Aug. 3 • 6:00 pm
• Open House (Rose West Studio) • Sat., Aug. 22 • 10:30 am – 2:30 pm
• Open House (Rose West Studio) • Mon., Aug. 24 • 6:30 – 8:30 pm
• Intensive Auditions • Thurs., Aug. 27 • 6:00 – 8:00 pm
• Open House (Rose West Studio) • Sat., Aug. 29 • 10:30 am – 2:30 pm
Additional dates will be added as finalized.
All calendar dates and times are subject to change. Parents will be notified of any changes by email. Changes will also be listed on The Rose Parent Portal, Facebook and Twitter. Please contact Education Coordinator at (402) 502-4617 for questions about the schedule.
BROADWAY at The Rose offers two unique educational tracks to fit your child’s specific needs and aspirations:
- BROADWAY at The Rose Academy students learn the basics of technique in a variety of classes. It is ideal for beginning students OR advanced students who want to hone their skills. It is the perfect way to try a new dance style, experiment with musical theater, test your vocal chops or improve your technique. Most classes meet once weekly for approximately one hour. There are no prerequisites or auditions required for placement in Academy classes. Academy students may enroll in as many or as few classes as they desire and perform in the Spring Concert in May. Open enrollment is based upon class availability.
- BROADWAY at The Rose Intensive classes are designed for those highly-focused students who wish to make a dedicated commitment to the performing arts. Auditions are required to enroll in the program. As an intensive student, you are challenging yourself to fully engage in the major of your choice as a professional student. Intensive students will sign a contract and are responsible for attending all required classes and workshops. This program is designed to build leaders in the classroom, help students achieve their goals and enhance technique.
- Intensive Student Benefits:
Students in the Intensive program will benefit from high caliber instruction from working professional in the fields of acting, dance and voice. In addition to their regular classes, students can expect:
- Professional Student Headshots
- Student Progress Reports
- Student Workshops with professional directors and instructors
- Student Conferences, twice a year (upon request; appointment required.)
- Intensive Class Requirements:
Students in the Intensive program are committing to the study of their craft. They must sign a contract indicating this commitment and they must enroll in a specified number of classes, based upon their chosen course of study:
- Dance Major: 2 Dance Classes per week + 1 elective
- Acting Major: Acting Technique + 1 elective
- Voice Major: Group Voice or Private Voice + 1 elective
- Rose Brigade: Rose Brigade Rehearsal + 2 classes
- Transcendtrix: 3 Ballet Classes + 1 elective
- Intensive Student Benefits:
• The Rose Theater, 2001 Farnam Street
• Rose West Studio, 12100 W. Center Road #505