If you are reading this post, you have probably noticed that www.RoseTheater.org has a new look! We hope that you find our newly-redesigned website informative and easy to use. Here you will find everything you ever wanted to know about The Rose, but we’d like to draw your attention to a few areas of the new site that we think are particularly helpful. Here are a few areas to check out:
- Home Page
- Scroll down to make the curtain go up on a wide range of information, including a fun informational video about The Rose, complete with stunning images of the theater, some of our shows and the people we serve. (We’ll give you a teaser as the curtain rises, but you will have to click on the play button to see the whole video.)
- Show Pages (check out Honk! for an example)
- Our show pages contain even more information about our upcoming productions than ever before.
- Along the left side, you will get all the at-a-glance information you need: run dates, age recommendations, show length and more.
- On the main part of the page, you can purchase tickets, learn more about the plot of the show, and see the show’s sponsors.
- As the time for the show’s opening approaches, we will add photos, videos, director’s notes and other information about the production.
- Be sure to click on the SHOW GUIDE link for information you will want to know before your family attends the performance.
- Families who have children with sensory processing disorders or autism will want to check out the Social Story for each show.
- Teachers can even fill out a convenient form to schedule a field trip, right on the show page.
- Class Search Tool
- If your child wants to get in on the action, use our Class Filter to identify available classes for your child. You can specify your child’s age and interest, as well as the location of the class and – voila! – you will be presented with a list of classes perfect for your budding artist! Or, if you prefer, search on a few terms, or a specific time of year, and find just what you are looking for. You can even register right from that page.
- News Blog
- Since you are reading this post, you have already found our news blog! This is the area where we will post news about upcoming shows, share information about the impact of theater and child development, and maybe even an inspirational quote or two. You can get a glimpse behind the curtain with guest bloggers or learn more about the art of theater. Anything is possible, and we plan to make the blog a place you will want to visit on a regular basis.
- Mobile Friendly
- One of the most exciting features of our new website is that it is now mobile-friendly. You can now easily access all the information available on our website on your phone, your tablet, your computer — or whatever device your family prefers.
Naturally, it may take some time to find your way around the new website, especially if you were familiar with our old site, but we think that you will agree that our web designers have created a very useful tool that will greatly enhance your enjoyment of The Rose. If you can’t find something that you are looking for, click on the magnifying glass in the upper right corner to access a search engine. Explore away!