Pride Players is celebrating its 21st year! Pride Players educates, entertains and inspires activism in our audiences of teens, parents, teachers and community members. The group uses improvisation to create songs, poetry, monologues, and skits that explore what it means to be a gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer or ally teen in Omaha. The group has been honored by many groups including The National Education Association, Heartland Pride, and American Alliance for Theater and Education.
Tickets: Teens ‘N’ Theater show tickets are $10 each and available at the link below, through the Rose Box Office at (402) 345-4849 or at the door on the day of show.
Facts About Pride Players:
• We have produced 22 full productions (the twenty traditional years and two best of productions)
• We have had over 473 teens perform as Pride Players.
• Reached over 14,000 teens, parents, teachers, counselors, and community members
• Helped raise almost 40,000 for our community partners: GLSEN, Proud Horizons, and PFLAG Omaha
• Given over $17,000 in Tracy Iwersen Scholarships to graduating seniors
• Toured to the 2018 Midwest BLGT College Conference as a key note performance, Iowa State School
counselors Conference, the Iowa State Conference for LGBT safety in schools, the 2006 LGBT Task Force
Creating Change National Conference in Kansas City, a Nebraska student education conference, a national
theater education conference in Utah, and several local colleges, high schools, conferences, events, and
• Worked with gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and queer youth and student groups in Kentucky, California,
Wisconsin, Iowa, Boston, Kansas City, Lawrence, and Pittsburgh to collaborate with them to create new skits,
help them start their own troupes, or to perform some of our skits
• Pride Players has been honored by:
- The Rockefeller Foundation with a Performing and Community Transformation National Grant
- The National Education Association with a 2006 Human and Civil Rights Leadership Award
- American Alliance for Theater and Education as the keynote performance for 2012 conference
- Heartland Pride as Grand Marshalls of the 2011 Heartland Pride Parade.
Know Before You Go
To learn more about participating in Pride Players, please attend one of the following information meetings.
- October 23, 6:30-8:30 pm
- October 29, 6:30-8:30 pm
Meetings will be held at The Rose Theater, 2001 Farnam Street, Omaha, NE 68102.
You only need to attend one information meeting.
For questions and additional information, email Stephanie Jacobson.